Matthias Büchner, Christopher Reyer (2022): ISIMIP3b atmospheric composition input data (v1.1). ISIMIP Repository. https://doi.org/10.48364/ISIMIP.482153.1
- ISIMIP3b atmospheric composition input data
- Contact person:
- Matthias Büchner 0000-0002-1382-7424
For inquiries concerning this dataset, please contact email@example.com.
The Inter-Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISIMIP) provides a framework for the collation of a consistent set of climate impact data across sectors and scales. It also provides a unique opportunity for considering interactions between climate change impacts across sectors through consistent scenarios.
The ISIMIP3b part of the third simulation round is dedicated to a quantification of climate-related risks at different levels of global warming and socio-economic change. ISIMIP3b group I simulations are based on historical climate change as simulated in CMIP6 combined with observed historical socio-economic forcing. ISIMIP3b group II simulations are based on climate change according to the CMIP6 future projections combined with socio-economic forcings fixed at 2015 levels. ISIMIP3b group III simulations additionally account for future changes in socio-economic forcing.
Globally averaged marine surface annual mean CO₂ [ppm] and CH₄ [ppb] time series for driving climate impact model simulations within ISIMIP3b. On the basis of the ISIMIP3b simulation protocol experiments five time series are provided: a) picontrol and historical (1850-2014), b) ssp126, ssp370 and ssp585 (2015-2100).
Version 1.1 of this datasets adds the files for CH₄.
For the historical time series CO₂ concentrations were taken from two different sources. 1850-2005 values were extracted from Meinshausen et al. (2011) while the years 2006-2014 were filled with data from the ESRL Global Monitoring Laboratory website. The picontrol time series holds the historical 1850 value of 284.73ppm for the full period. For future simulations the concentrations were extracted from Meinshausen et al. (2020) where ssp126 relates to RCP2.6, ssp370 to RCP7.0 and ssp585 to RCP8.5, respectively.
CH₄ time series have been extracted for the years until 2014 from Meinshausen et al. (2017) while data from 2015 onwards is taken from Meinshausen et al. (2020).
- Publication date:
- Feb. 17, 2022
- ISIMIP Repository
- Matthias Büchner 0000-0002-1382-7424
- Jochen Klar 0000-0002-5883-4273
- Iliusi Vega del Valle 0000-0001-6902-2257
- Jan Volkholz
- Jacob Schewe 0000-0001-9455-4159
- Stefan Lange 0000-0003-2102-8873
- Franziska Piontek 0000-0003-4305-7552
- Christopher Reyer 0000-0003-1067-1492
- Matthias Mengel 0000-0001-6724-9685
- María del Rocío Rivas López 0000-0002-1984-3070
- Christian Otto 0000-0001-5500-6774
- Bjoern Soergel 0000-0002-2630-7081
- Anne Gädeke 0000-0003-0514-2908
- Martin Park 0000-0002-2467-3256
- Katja Frieler 0000-0003-4869-3013
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research 03e8s1d88
Here we list the persons and organizations, who are responsible for the collection, the management, and the publication of this dataset. The icons indicate the different roles of the Data Authorship Contributor Roles Taxonomy DataCRediT, which was initially developed for EnviDat.
- EARTH SCIENCE > ATMOSPHERE > ATMOSPHERIC CHEMISTRY > CARBON AND HYDROCARBON COMPOUNDS > CARBON DIOXIDE
- Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) Keywords are a hierarchical set of controlled vocabularies maintained by NASA (more information).
Is new version of
Is documented by
Is derived from
Datasets for this DOI
2.6 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20220217ch4_historical_annual
2.1 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20220217ch4_picontrol_annual
2.0 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20220217ch4_ssp126_annual
2.0 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20220217ch4_ssp370_annual
2.0 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20220217ch4_ssp585_annual
2.1 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20201006co2_historical_annual
1.9 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20201006co2_picontrol_annual
1.1 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20201006co2_ssp126_annual
1.1 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20201006co2_ssp370_annual
1.1 KB ISIMIP3b InputData climate 20201006co2_ssp585_annual