Matthias Büchner, Christopher Reyer (2022): ISIMIP3a atmospheric composition input data (v1.1). ISIMIP Repository. https://doi.org/10.48364/ISIMIP.664235.1
- ISIMIP3a atmospheric composition input data
- Contact person:
- Matthias Büchner 0000-0002-1382-7424
For inquiries concerning this dataset, please contact email@example.com.
The Inter-Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISIMIP) provides a framework for the collation of a consistent set of climate impact data across sectors and scales. It also provides a unique opportunity for considering interactions between climate change impacts across sectors through consistent scenarios.
The ISIMIP3a part of the third simulation round is dedicated to i) impact model evaluation and improvement and ii) detection and attribution of observed impacts according to the framework of IPCC AR5 Working Group II Chapter 18. To this end all simulations are driven by observed socio-economic information combined with either observed (factual) climate data or a detrended (counterfactual) version of the observed climate allowing for the generation of a “no climate change” baseline.
This dataset contains globally averaged marine surface annual mean CO₂ [ppm] and CH₄ [ppb] time series for driving climate impact model simulations within ISIMIP3a. On the basis of the ISIMIP3a simulation protocol experiments three time series are provided. (a) historical/obsclim (1850-2019), (b) counterclim (1901-2019) and (c) spinclim (1850-2019).
Version 1.1 of this datasets adds the files for CH₄.
For the historical time series CO₂ concentrations were taken from two different sources. 1850-2005 values were extracted from Meinshausen et al. (2011) while the years 2006-2019 were filled with data from the ESRL Global Monitoring Laboratory website (Dlugokencky & Tans, 2019). The counterclim time series holds the historical 1901 value of 296.13ppm for the full period whereas splinclim has the time series fixed to the 1850 concentration of 284.73ppm. For CH₄, the 1850-2014 values were extracted from Meinshausen et al. (2017), while the 2015-2019 values were filled with data from the ESRL Global Monitoring Laboratory website (Dlugokencky & Tans, 2019).
- Publication date:
- Feb. 17, 2022
- ISIMIP Repository
- Matthias Büchner 0000-0002-1382-7424
- Jochen Klar 0000-0002-5883-4273
- Iliusi Vega del Valle 0000-0001-6902-2257
- Jan Volkholz
- Jacob Schewe 0000-0001-9455-4159
- Stefan Lange 0000-0003-2102-8873
- Franziska Piontek 0000-0003-4305-7552
- Christopher Reyer 0000-0003-1067-1492
- Matthias Mengel 0000-0001-6724-9685
- María del Rocío Rivas López 0000-0002-1984-3070
- Christian Otto 0000-0001-5500-6774
- Bjoern Soergel 0000-0002-2630-7081
- Anne Gädeke 0000-0003-0514-2908
- Martin Park 0000-0002-2467-3256
- Katja Frieler 0000-0003-4869-3013
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research 03e8s1d88
Here we list the persons and organizations, who are responsible for the collection, the management, and the publication of this dataset. The icons indicate the different roles of the Data Authorship Contributor Roles Taxonomy DataCRediT, which was initially developed for EnviDat.
- EARTH SCIENCE > ATMOSPHERE > ATMOSPHERIC CHEMISTRY > CARBON AND HYDROCARBON COMPOUNDS > CARBON DIOXIDE
- Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) Keywords are a hierarchical set of controlled vocabularies maintained by NASA (more information).
Is previous version of
Is new version of
Is documented by
Is derived from
Datasets for this DOI
1.6 KB ISIMIP3a InputData climate Archived 20220217ch4_counterclim_annual
2.7 KB ISIMIP3a InputData climate Archived 20220217ch4_obsclim_annual
2.2 KB ISIMIP3a InputData climate Archived 20220217ch4_spinclim_annual
1.4 KB ISIMIP3a InputData climate Archived 20201006co2_counterclim_annual
2.1 KB ISIMIP3a InputData climate Archived 20201006co2_obsclim_annual
2.0 KB ISIMIP3a InputData climate Archived 20201006co2_spinclim_annual