Stefan Lange, Tobias Geiger (2020): ISIMIP3a population input data (v1.0). ISIMIP Repository. https://doi.org/10.48364/ISIMIP.822480
- ISIMIP3a population input data
- Contact person:
- Stefan Lange 0000-0003-2102-8873
For inquiries concerning this dataset, please contact email@example.com.
The Inter-Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISIMIP) provides a framework for the collation of a consistent set of climate impact data across sectors and scales. It also provides a unique opportunity for considering interactions between climate change impacts across sectors through consistent scenarios.
The ISIMIP3a part of the third simulation round is dedicated to i) impact model evaluation and improvement and ii) detection and attribution of observed impacts according to the framework of IPCC AR5 Working Group II Chapter 18. To this end all simulations are driven by observed socio-economic information combined with either observed (factual) climate data or a detrended (counterfactual) version of the observed climate allowing for the generation of a “no climate change” baseline.
This dataset contains the national and gridded historical population data for ISIMIP3a. Estimates are available for total as well as urban and rural population counts.
The population data are adopted from the History Database of the Global Environment (HYDE) version 3.2.1 (Klein Goldewijk et al., 2017). From 1950 onwards those data are based on the 2008 Revision of the United Nations World Population Prospects, which transits from estimates to projections in 2010. Decadal data prior to year 2000 have been linearly interpolated in time.
- Publication date:
- July 1, 2020
- ISIMIP Repository
- Matthias Büchner 0000-0002-1382-7424
- Jochen Klar 0000-0002-5883-4273
- Iliusi Vega del Valle 0000-0001-6902-2257
- Jan Volkholz
- Jacob Schewe 0000-0001-9455-4159
- Stefan Lange 0000-0003-2102-8873
- Franziska Piontek 0000-0003-4305-7552
- Christopher Reyer 0000-0003-1067-1492
- Matthias Mengel 0000-0001-6724-9685
- María del Rocío Rivas López 0000-0002-1984-3070
- Christian Otto 0000-0001-5500-6774
- Bjoern Soergel 0000-0002-2630-7081
- Anne Gädeke 0000-0003-0514-2908
- Martin Park 0000-0002-2467-3256
- Barbara Templ 0000-0002-9391-5888
- Katja Frieler 0000-0003-4869-3013
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research 03e8s1d88
Here we list the persons and organizations, who are responsible for the collection, the management, and the publication of this dataset. The icons indicate the different roles of the Data Authorship Contributor Roles Taxonomy DataCRediT, which was initially developed for EnviDat.
- EARTH SCIENCE > HUMAN DIMENSIONS > POPULATION > POPULATION DENSITY
- EARTH SCIENCE > HUMAN DIMENSIONS > POPULATION > POPULATION SIZE
- Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) Keywords are a hierarchical set of controlled vocabularies maintained by NASA (more information).
Is previous version of
Is documented by
Is derived from
Datasets for this DOI
507.3 MB ISIMIP3a InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200618population_2015soc_30arcmin
17.8 GB ISIMIP3a InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200618population_2015soc_5arcmin
356.9 KB ISIMIP3a InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200618population_2015soc_national
96.8 MB ISIMIP3a InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200618population_histsoc_30arcmin
1.8 GB ISIMIP3a InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200618population_histsoc_5arcmin
524.0 KB ISIMIP3a InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200618population_histsoc_national