Stefan Lange, Tobias Geiger (2020): ISIMIP3b population input data (v1.0). ISIMIP Repository. https://doi.org/10.48364/ISIMIP.889136
- ISIMIP3b population input data
- Contact person:
- Stefan Lange 0000-0003-2102-8873
For inquiries concerning this dataset, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Inter-Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISIMIP) provides a framework for the collation of a consistent set of climate impact data across sectors and scales. It also provides a unique opportunity for considering interactions between climate change impacts across sectors through consistent scenarios.
The ISIMIP3b part of the third simulation round is dedicated to a quantification of climate-related risks at different levels of global warming and socio-economic change. ISIMIP3b group I simulations are based on historical climate change as simulated in CMIP6 combined with observed historical socio-economic forcing. ISIMIP3b group II simulations are based on climate change according to the CMIP6 future projections combined with socio-economic forcings fixed at 2015 levels. ISIMIP3b group III simulations additionally account for future changes in socio-economic forcing.
This dataset contains the national and gridded historical population data for ISIMIP3b. Estimates are available for total as well as urban and rural population counts.
The population data are adopted from the History Database of the Global Environment (HYDE) version 3.2.1 (Klein Goldewijk et al., 2017). From 1950 onwards those data are based on the 2008 Revision of the United Nations World Population Prospects, which transits from estimates to projections in 2010. Decadal data prior to year 2000 have been linearly interpolated in time.
- Publication date:
- July 1, 2020
- ISIMIP Repository
- Matthias Büchner 0000-0002-1382-7424
- Jochen Klar 0000-0002-5883-4273
- Iliusi Vega del Valle 0000-0001-6902-2257
- Jan Volkholz 0000-0002-2533-3739
- Jacob Schewe 0000-0001-9455-4159
- Stefan Lange 0000-0003-2102-8873
- Franziska Piontek 0000-0003-4305-7552
- Christopher Reyer 0000-0003-1067-1492
- Matthias Mengel 0000-0001-6724-9685
- María del Rocío Rivas López 0000-0002-1984-3070
- Christian Otto 0000-0001-5500-6774
- Bjoern Soergel 0000-0002-2630-7081
- Anne Gädeke 0000-0003-0514-2908
- Martin Park 0000-0002-2467-3256
- Barbara Templ 0000-0002-9391-5888
- Katja Frieler 0000-0003-4869-3013
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research 03e8s1d88
Here we list the persons and organizations, who are responsible for the collection, the management, and the publication of this dataset.
This DOI is the previous version of
- EARTH SCIENCE > HUMAN DIMENSIONS > POPULATION > POPULATION DENSITY
- EARTH SCIENCE > HUMAN DIMENSIONS > POPULATION > POPULATION SIZE
- Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) Keywords are a hierarchical set of controlled vocabularies maintained by NASA (more information).
Datasets for this DOI
1.4 GB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_1850soc_30arcmin
52.1 GB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_1850soc_5arcmin
1.8 MB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_1850soc_national
273.5 MB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_2015soc_30arcmin
4.8 GB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_2015soc_5arcmin
1.0 MB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_2015soc_national
95.2 MB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_histsoc_30arcmin
1.8 GB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_histsoc_5arcmin
508.3 KB ISIMIP3b InputData socioeconomic Archived 20200706population_histsoc_national